KARE Intergenerational Center
Families caring for children born to others have unique challenges. If you are a family member raising grandchildren, nieces or nephews, cousins or other relatives, or a child/family member under 18 not born to you, the Golden Gate KARE Center can help. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.
The Golden Gate KARE Center provides:
- Information and resource referrals for grandparents, relatives, kin foster care providers and adoptive families.
- Legal resource information to help you make the best plans for the children. Assistance for families wishing to obtain guardianship through the juvenile and probate courts.
- Support groups, respite events and educational opportunities for grandparents and relatives caring for children.
- Help in completing benefit applications such as TANF, AHCCCS and Food Stamps.
Contact Joanna M. Prusa at 602.233.0017, ext. 2329 or e-mail
JPrusa@ArizonasChildren.org for information about KARE Center Services.
- Advocacy for caregivers and children in school, court systems, health care and mental health agencies, benefits programs, Child Protective Services, etc.
To view the KARE Calendar of Events for Maricopa County, click here.